TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS OF SALE OF THE TRUSTEE FOR The Trustee for the Vast Trust ABN: 44-532-965-437
Call us on 1800 00 38 39 if you have any questions. Email us at email@example.com and we will contact you promptly.
T/AS Alex Lind Flooring Supplies (“Alex Lind”)
If you are purchasing a product we sell and you find another competitor selling the exact same product in the same quantity, colour and size at an advertised price which is lower than our advertised price for exactly the same product we will price match this product. Proof of price must be shown before purchase.
In these terms unless otherwise indicated by the context:
(a) the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
(b) headings to clauses are included for the sake of convenience only and will not affect the interpretation of the clauses to which they relate;
(c) references to any statute or statutory provision include that statute or statutory provision as amended, extended, consolidated or replaced by subsquent legislation and any orders, regulations, instruments or other subordinate legislation made under the relevant statute;
(d) the word person means and includes a natural person, a company, a firm or any other legal entity whether acting as a trustee or not;
(e) these terms will bind each party’s legal personal representatives, successors and assigns; and
(f) where a party comprises two or more persons the rights and obligations of such persons pursuant to these terms will enure for the benefit of and bind all of them jointly and each of them severally
2. These terms of sale apply to all transactions between any person proposing or enquiring to purchase any goods from Alex Lind Flooring Supplies or purchasing or ordering any goods from Alex Lind Flooring Supplies
(“the Buyer”) and Alex Lind Flooring Supplies, including all quotations, offers, orders or sales.
3. These terms will only be waived or varied in writing signed by Alex Lind Flooring Supplies.
4. These terms contain all the warranties and conditions given by Alex Lind Flooring Supplies in connection with goods supplied by Alex Lind Flooring Supplies and to the extent that Alex Lind Flooring Supplies may exclude any warranties or conditions which might otherwise be implied by any competent legislation then Alex Lind Flooring Supplies excludes from application all such implied warranties and conditions.
5. While Alex Lind Flooring Supplies endeavours to keep delivery dates, any delay of delivery, for any reason whatsoever, will not entitle the Buyer to claim for any consequential loss or damage or to cancel, rescind or terminate any agreement to purchase goods from Alex Lind Flooring Supplies (“the contract”).
6. Should circumstances beyond the control of Alex Lind Flooring Supplies prevent or hinder delivery, Alex Lind Flooring Supplies will be free from any obligation to deliver goods while such circumstances continue. For as long as such circumstances exist, Alex Lind Flooring Supplies may, at its option, cancel, rescind or terminate all or any part of the contract or keep the contract on foot until such circumstances have ceased. Such circumstances beyond the control of Alex Lind Flooring Supplies include, but are not limited to: strikes, lockouts, rebellions; fire; acts of God; shortages of raw materials; Government decrees, proclamations or orders; transport difficulties; and failures or malfunctions of computers or other information technology systems.
7. Alex Lind Flooring Supplies reserves the right to over-supply or under-supply any order within reasonable limits. The Buyer will pay for any such over-supply at the unit price for the delivered goods.
8. Risk in each order will pass to the Buyer upon:
(a) delivery of that order to the Buyer or the Buyer’s agent; or
(b) upon collection of that order by the Buyer or the Buyer’s agent or courier,as the case may be.(“delivery to the Buyer”)
9. Where, in accordance with these terms, Alex Lind Flooring Supplies accepts return of any goods, risk in those goods will revert to Alex Lind Flooring Supplies only upon delivery of the goods to Alex Lind Flooring Supplies or upon collection of the goods by Alex Lind Flooring Supplies ’s agent or courier as the case may be.
RETENTION OF TITLE
10. Notwithstanding delivery of the goods to the Buyer, until the Buyer has effected full payment for the goods and any other goods previously supplied by Alex Lind Flooring Supplies:
(a) legal title to the goods will remain with Alex Lind Flooring Supplies;
(b) the risk in the goods will pass to the Buyer on delivery to the Buyer;
(c) the relationship between Alex Lind Flooring Supplies and the Buyer will be fiduciary;
(d) the Buyer will:
(i) hold the goods as bailee for Alex Lind Flooring Supplies;
(ii) keep these goods separate from other goods; and
(iii) label the goods so that they are identifiable as the goods of Alex Lind Flooring Supplies;
(e) with Alex Lind Flooring Supplies’s consent (which is given), the Buyer is at liberty to sell the goods, in the ordinary course of the Buyer’s business, provided that the money resulting from the sale will:
(i) be held in a separate account in trust for Alex Lind Flooring Supplies;
(ii) not be mingled with other money; and
(iii) not be placed into an overdrawn account; and
(f) in the event that the Buyer uses the goods in some manufacturing or construction process of its own or of some third party then the Buyer will hold such part of the proceeds of such manufacturing or construction process as relates to the goods in trust for Alex Lind Flooring Supplies. Such part will be deemed to equal in dollar terms the amount owing by the Buyer to Alex Lind Flooring Supplies at the time of receipt of such proceeds.
11. The Buyer is not an agent of Alex Lind Flooring Supplies in any sale or supply of the goods by the Buyer.
12. After the happening of an event of default, being any one of the events as specified in sub-clauses 15(a) to 15(c) inclusive below, Alex Lind Flooring Supplies may without demand retake possession of the goods and may with out notice sell the goods on such terms and in such manner as it determines and will be entitled to deduct all expenses incurred. For the purposes of recovering possession and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Buyer irrevocably authorises and licenses Alex Lind Flooring Supplies and its servants and agents to enter any premises where any goods may be stored and to take possession of the goods.
13. The Buyer will pay the full price of each order to Alex Lind Flooring Supplies:
(a) upon delivery to the Buyer; or
(b) In the event that Alex Lind Flooring Supplies
in writing authorises or allows the Buyer to pay other than upon delivery to the Buyer, within 30 days of the issuing of an account for the supply of goods to the Buyer by Alex Lind Flooring Supplies; provided always that if payment is not made within that 30 day period Alex Lind Flooring Supplies may without demand retake possession of the goods and may without notice sell the goods on such terms and in such manner as it may determine and will be entitled to deduct all expenses incurred. For the purpose of recovering possession, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing the Buyer hereby irrevocably authorises and licences Alex Lind Flooring Supplies
and its servants and agents to enter upon any premises where any goods may be stored and to take possession of the goods.
14. All applicable taxes, duties or levies (including GST) on the sale of the goods will be to the Buyer’s account.
15. Alex Lind Flooring Supplies may, at its option and without prejudice to any of its rights, either suspend further deliveries, require payment in advance or terminate any contract by written notice to the Buyer where the Buyer:
(a) defaults on any payment due;
(b) being a natural person, commits an act of bankruptcy;
(c) being a corporation, is subject to:
(i) a petition being presented, an order being made or a meeting being called to consider a resolution for the Buyer to be wound up, deregistered or dissolved;
(ii) a receiver, receiver and manager or an administrator under Part 5.3A of the Corporations Act 2001 being appointed to all or any part of the Buyer’s property and undertaking;
(iii) the entering of a scheme of arrangement (other than for the purpose of restructuring); or
(iv) any assignment for the benefit of creditors.
ACCEPTANCE OF GOODS
16. The Buyer will inspect the goods immediately upon delivery to the Buyer.
17. All claims against Alex Lind Flooring Supplies regarding the quality, nature, fitness, suitability, conformance with description or defects of the goods must be made in writing to Alex Lind Flooring Supplies within 30 days of delivery to the Buyer. Alex Lind Flooring Supplies does not accept liability for any such claim not made in accordance with these terms.
18. In the event of justified objection notified by the Buyer to Alex Lind Flooring Supplies in accordance with these terms, Alex Lind Flooring Supplies
may, at its option:
(a) reduce the purchase price by agreement with the Buyer;
(b) accept the return of the goods and, subject to the goods being returned in the same condition as they were at the time of delivery to the Buyer, refund to the Buyer the purchase price; or
(c) replace the goods and no additional claims of any nature whatsoever may be made against Alex Lind Flooring Supplies.
ADVICE AND INFORMATION
19. (a) Alex Lind Flooring Supplies does not give any advice, recommendation or information in relation to goods sold by Alex Lind Flooring Supplies or in relation to the use or application of those goods (“Product Information”). All Product Information is supplied or made available by the manufacturers as they see fit either with their products or on their websites or via other means. That Product Information includes any of material data safety sheets and any instructions or “how to use” sheets of the manufacturers and the Buyer by purchasing or ordering goods from Alex Lind Flooring Supplies thereby agrees to:
(i) make themselves aware of the Product Information;
(ii) comply with the Product Information,
And, in regard to any flammable goods shall ensure that all Product Information is complied with in relation to the transportation and storage of any flammable goods.
(b) Any sample provided to Alex Lind Flooring Supplies by any Buyer is always done so on the basis that the sample provided to Alex Lind Flooring Supplies is to be forwarded to the manufacturer or the agent of the manufacturer of goods sold by Alex Lind Flooring Supplies for examination or testing of the sample and Alex Lind Flooring Supplies role in any such forwarding of any sample, and any subsequent receipt, is as the agent of the Buyer.
(c) Alex Lind Flooring Supplies does not accept any liability or responsibility for any loss suffered from the Buyer’s reliance on the Product Information or any information of whatever kind obtained from the manufacturer or the agent of the manufacturer.
TRADE PRACTICES ACT
20. The terms in these conditions of sale that exclude or limit the owner’s liability will apply only to the extent permitted by law. Provisions of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) (as amended) and other statutes
from time to time in force cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or can only be restricted or modified to a limited extent. These conditions of sale must be read and construed subject to any such statutory
provisions. If any such statutory provisions apply, then to the extent to which the owner is entitled to do so, its liability under those statutory provisions will be limited at its option to:
(a) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
(b) the repair of the goods; or
(c) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
(d) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
If any part of these terms is invalid or unenforceable, these terms do not include it. The remainder of these terms continue in full force.
22. PROPER LAW
These terms will be governed by and construed pursuant to the laws of New South Wales and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales in connection with any dispute relating to these terms.
23. RIGHTS NOT AFFECTED BY FAILURE TO ENFORCE
The failure of either party at any time to enforce any of the provisions of these terms or any rights in respect hereto or to exercise any election herein provided will not be a waiver of such provisions, rights or elections or affect the validity of these terms.
24. RIGHTS TO SURVIVE TERMINATION
Termination of the contract will not release either party from any liability or right of action which at the time of expiry or termination has already accrued to either party or which may thereafter accrue in respect of any act or omission prior to such expiry or termination. Such rights may include but not be limited to the recovery of any money due.
25. ALL PRICES ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS (AUD)